Experienced CT Technologist
Come join our team! Great Wages! Exciting opportunity to join an Emergency Room in Temple, Texas that strives for excellence! We are looking for experienced CT techs who know how to treat every person like they’re a VIP. This position is one of the most important in our practice – your professionalism and positive attitude are essential! We treat all of the staff like family. We hire for spirit and we will train for skill. Come join our team! The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, multi-tasker who clearly understands the focus of our business and is interested in working hard to grow our practice and treat patients the way you would like to be treated.
PRN Shifts are 12 hour shifts from 7am – 7pm and 7pm – 7am.
- Satisfactory completion of formal radiology technology training in an accredited school.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) or eligible within 6 months.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in radiology technology.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in CT.
- Willing to perform duties beyond that of radiology, including but not limited to medical assisting and waived lab testing.
- Texas Medical License.
- Perform quality control test(s) prior to exams.
- Perform diagnostic procedures requiring understanding of anatomical positioning and appropriate to protocol.
- Select correct technical factors on an individual basis and produce quality images with minimal exposure to radiation.
- Perform pre-exam duties which include verifying referring physician’s orders/diagnosis, verifying patient identification, obtaining history, documenting allergies, explaining examination, obtaining all appropriate signed consents and preparing patient for the procedure.
- Perform post exam duties which include explaining and documenting any instructions needed for follow up of exam.
- Administer contrast agent for designated examinations.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment related to the exam.
- Practice sterile techniques preventing cross contamination.
- Report any allergic reaction or injuries to the nursing/medical staff immediately and maintain adequate records on patients as needed or directed.
- Develop and process films as necessary.
- Prepare appropriate paperwork and maintain appropriate documentation, records, logs, and/or reports.
- Maintain accurate records required by all governing bodies.
- Must be familiar with emergency procedures with the ability to respond quickly to unusual emergency situations and the location and use of emergency equipment.
- Escort patients to the proper examination area within the Facility and assist patients on and off of examination tables in a safe manner.
- Provide immobilization as required.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work environment.
- Limit and refrain from personal conversations and/or phone calls that can be overheard by patients.
- Does not discuss examination results/findings with the patient’s family without direction from ordering physician.
- Perform waived lab testing.
If you are self-motivated, honest, dependable and a team player with pleasant communication skills toward co-workers and our patients — we want you as part of our team! Seeking a great CT Technologist!
Compensation based on experience. Please send your resume and cover letter.